Students in grades 3-8 have the opportunity to sing in a choir formed to serve at the All-School Masses throughout the year. The choir will occasionally sing for parish Masses at Saint Mark's or other local parishes.
Children who learn sacred music will:
- Glorify God through music
- Be immersed in the teachings of the catholic faith
- Serve the school and parish by adding beauty to the Mass
- Gain additional knowledge and literacy of musical concepts and vocal skills
- Develop a sense of discipline, self-esteem, teamwork, and commitment
The choir, directed by our parish Director of Music, Cindy Holupchinski, rehearses every Wednesday morning from 7:30 to 8:20 am.
The purpose of the children's choir is to help the children grow in love for God and each other, to develop an appreciation for sacred music, to increase their musical ability, to serve the parish by leading the congregation in song, and to form a community of prayer and friendship.