What sets Saint Mark's Preschool apart from similar programs in the area?
- Saint Mark's Preschool is accredited through the National Association of Education for the Young Child (NAEYC.) To learn more about this organization, please visit families.naeyc.org
- We are conveniently located between Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
- Our school is attached to the kindergarten through eighth grade building. We benefit from second grade reading buddy programming, specialist courses (Spanish, physical education, art, and music!)
- We have a professional on-site chef who prepares a variety of nutritious meals and snacks for us daily.
What does "accreditation" mean?
"Accredited programs have met NAEYC’s 10 standards for high-quality early childhood education. These programs have demonstrated that they provide a safe and healthy environment for children, have teachers who are well-trained, have access to excellent teaching materials, and work with a curriculum that is appropriately challenging and developmentally sound."
"Early childhood education programs are proud to be accredited by NAEYC because they know they have worked hard for that achievement. Using NAEYC tools and materials, they are continuously improving their programs to provide the best possible educational opportunities for children. After an extensive application process, skilled and reliable NAEYC program assessors visit each program to determine that it is meeting NAEYC standards. Following accreditation, all programs are subject to random, unannounced visits by assessors to ensure that the programs continue to meet these standards."
See more at families.naeyc.org.
What types of activities are offered to teach about the church and nurture a growing faith?
- Weekly Family Time: Our preschool classes meet once a week to have time together as a school family. During this time, we focus on a specific virtue we can practice to be the best we can be.
- Daily prayer
- Bible stories and activities
- Regular interaction with Saint Mark's priests, brothers and sisters